By Kelley Redmon
It’s showtime folks! By showtime I mean we are in full “Home Expo” mode here at the SImply Clear Marketing, Inc. / Inspired Expos office. What do you need when in high stress mode? Sugar of course! At each show I make an effort to feed the masses. I make treats for us all to snack on while hiding in the back office at the show (secrets out!). This week a prefect treat dropped onto my computer screen via Baker by Nature. What makes it so perfect is that they stay soft and chewy event when we leave them out for 4 days straight. Oh yeah… and they are delectable! Find out for yourself by making them!
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 sticks of salted butter, at room temperature (16 tbsp)
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 cups + 4 tablespoons flour
20-25 Oreo cookies, broken into pieces (I used about 18 because my significant other couldn’t keep his grubby hands out of the bag… I felt it could have used more)
1. Beat cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy (I used a stand mixer with a paddle attachment)
2. Add the sugar and beat well
3. Add in flour in increments, beating in on low-speed, just until incorporated
4. Fold in Oreos until evenly distributed
5. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least 45 minutes, and up to 2 hours
6. Preheat oven to 350
7. Line a large baking sheet with silicon baking sheets or parchment paper (if you don’t own silicon baking sheets I highly recommend them… they are amazing!)
8. Scoop out 2 tablespoon sized balls of dough, roll them into rounds, and place them on the cookie sheet. Lightly press down on each cookie
9. Bake for about 10 minutes, or until just golden at the edges. They will still be very soft when you remove them from the oven.
10. Cool on the baking sheet for 10 full minutes, then very carefully transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely
11. Share with everyone around you in order to be the most popular person around!